SUMMARY: Collects refuse on designated route within city and on routes outside the city, assist with maintenance in the Parks Department and all city property in general when priorities dictate and perform the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
– Operates sanitation trucks, dump trucks, and related equipment.
– Gathers and carries containers from individual yards or locations along route and dumps refuse from containers onto truck.
– Dumps contents into opening in enclosed truck body.
– Unloads garbage truck at dump site.
– Cleans, washes, and performs minor periodic maintenance and upkeep of sanitation trucks, dump trucks and related equipment.
– Assists with maintenance in the Parks Department and all City property in general when priorities dictate.
– Assists Street Foreman as necessity dictates.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Current Class “B” or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake certification.
Application forms can be obtained at Lincoln City Hall or by clicking the link below:
The City of Lincoln is an Equal Opportunity Employer